Be beautiful

What does it mean to be beautiful?

Is beauty important?

Do you want to be beautiful?

I hear some people say that beauty does not matter and that beauty is shallow and in today's society has got out of hand. To a certain extent I could certainly agree on that. However beauty, to me, is so much more than our physical look. And to be beautiful, and have a longing to be a beautiful person, is so much more than something superficial.

I got to admit I am a  bit vain and I do definitely prefer to be in good shape and look good. However the outside just don't appear that great if we think ugly thoughts, feel a lot of anger and jealousy or constantly gossip and judge others. Therefore I want to look closer at beauty from the contexts of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual beauty.

A beautiful person strives each day to be more patient, less judgmental or envious, as well as more grateful.  It´s progress not perfection ;) 

Starting with the physical.. 

True beauty comes from within.. and that is absolutely true. But the body is the temple of the soul. When we respect our body and care for ourselves physically - I do believe that it affects our inside too in a beautifying way. As we nurture our Soul from the outside, our inclination to negative thoughts and harmful emotions decreases.

And no one can honestly say that they enjoy a body that is suffering from illnesses and injuries due to i.e. overweight. Or a weak body/mind from lack of nutrition. Many people have body aches and pains from not exercising or moving at all. An ignorance to this is a violation to the Soul. What we can do as humans (and full a flaws and bad character as we are) is to every day make a choice and strive to be better. To treat our bodies with respect and love. Choose to give our body what it needs. Choose to be beautiful.

Trust me I am no expert on the above.. but what I do have is a willingness and passion to improve. That is most important. And I do really enjoy the journey. As a person I love beautiful settings, scenery, colors and materials. I enjoy great clothes and make-up. I have nothing against plastic surgery, botox, fillers and so on. My opinion is that each person decides what is right for them. I rather encourage people to find a balance between the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual beauty.


Xoxo Susanna

I will write more on my thoughts on mental, emotional and spiritual beauty in up-coming blog posts.




Comments